- March 2nd, the messenger planet Mercury moves into the deep waters of Pisces to stir up mistakes and memories of the past. Which he’ll do using your vivid imagination and heightened ability to visualize your thoughts. We’re highly clairvoyant, but may not know it.
- March 7th, Saturn, the big guy who comes around every 29 years, moves into Pisces at 5:35 PM PST where he’ll complete an evolutionary journey that he began January 28, 1994. It’s a time of clearing the decks by letting go of the past so we can reinvent ourselves and renew our lives when Saturn moves into Aries, February 13, 2026.
- March 16th the goddess of love, Venus, moves into her exalted and most sensuous sign, Taurus. We’re feeling more affectionate and very touchy-feely which combines with sudden infatuations on March 30th when she meets up with the god of lightning, Uranus. Sparks are flying! We’re looking to our relationships for steadfastness and loyalty. We’re artists, looking to create more beauty in the world.
- March 18th, messenger Mercury will make another shift this time into the Innovative fires of Aries. A fabulous time to start something new, especially when Mercury catches up with jovial Jupiter on March 27th.
- The Sun enters the sign of pioneering Aries on March 20th, the first day of spring. Spring fever (is it only hay fever?) brings restlessness is the kick to shake off winter’s doldrums and put yourself in action–like the rooster who crows at the break of dawn!*
- Finishing up these seven planetary transitions is Warrior Mars entering the sign of Cancer on March 25th, 2023. This is a cautionary tale, since it brings anger and emotional frustrations into the open. The degree of difficulties we will face is determined by how much rage has been repressed (and we all have it). Notice events in your life that were troublesome beginning around the time Mars was in Cancer in May and June of 2019 and May of 2021.
Four Key MeetupsWho are the main characters on stage for March 2023? There are 4 key meetups between planets:
- The most delightful of all meetups comes March 1st when Venus in Aries meets with jovial and generous Jupiter.
- March 27th, Mercury in Aries makes a meet-up conjunction with Jupiter.
- A big word of caution on March 14th and March 16th when Warrior Mars in Gemini is part of two squares. this could be a turning point day triggered by internal restlessness and tension.
- March 30th, Venus in Taurus meets up with Uranus.
Warrior Mars left practical Taurus and entered gregarious Gemini on August 20, 2022. He’ll strategize and cut through red tape until March 25, 2023. That’s 7 months spent up-in-the-airy think tanks of curious Gemini!
This prolonged stay is due to his retrograde journey, an event that happens every two years. Mars will standstill and shift into retrograde at 25°36’ Gemini on October 30, 2022. Mars rarely sits in neutral, so be careful that you slow down to change direction without stripping your gears!
Warrior Mars in Gemini will be retrograde all of November and December, 2022. Think back to the last time this happened. Mars spent two months retrograde in Gemini in January and February of 2008. Because this coincided with Pluto’s move into Capricorn, it manifested as economic collapse of the banks in the US and subsequently world wide. Gemini is an air sign and Capricorn is an earth sign; they were in incompatible elements. The results were like a speeding roller coaster crashing to a cavernous hole in the ground.
A second standstill comes as Mars shifts back into forward gear at 8°08’ Gemini on January 12, 2023.
What planets do you have in 25-26 degrees, or 8-9 degrees? They are being triggered into action by Mars. The last third of the 30 degrees of a zodiac sign (20 – 30) are culminating points. In the case of Gemini, it’s the time to make a decision! To publish your research. To end the debate.
To help yourself through these 7 months of conflict resolution, internal and external, notice the 2 days each month when the Moon glides through the sign of Gemini. The Moon is the up close and personal trigger for the slower planets like Mars.
When the Moon joins Mars in Gemini your mind is active and ready to make your ideas known. It’s also the time of the month when ego conflicts erupt quickly. You’ll have strong opinions, and you may want to marshall agreement from others in a demanding way. Watch out for those words that can’t be unsaid. They’ll likely be wrapped in sarcasm.
While retrograde, this same challenge continues except that its energy becomes introverted–the warrior’s path turns our attention to internal conflicts.
Our minds might drift into the past, remembering conflicts left unresolved. It’s likely that a relationship was strained by what we were calling a “healthy debate” that degenerated into egoic arguing.
Two keywords describe the modus operandi of Mars in Gemini– resourcefulness and ingenuity. When this energy is retrograde we feel an extreme restlessness and can become multi-tasking maniacs! For example, it’s not a good time to quit your job, even though–on a whim–it seems like a great idea.
These 7 months are prime time for all you engineers out there. Mars in Gemini loves to solve puzzles, especially in digital technology. You feel happily aggressive and mentally sharp. But be vigilant about cyber security during the retrograde phase. Hackers are also sharp and ready for combat.
Mercurial Messenger Mercury is the landlord for the house of Gemini. Wordsmiths are right at home in this house of communications. Get out your journal, your manuscript, your screenplay. Retrograde is a great time for revisioning and editing.
Mars is the warrior of the zodiac. While Rx, we may see a renewed focus on the conflict in Ukraine with Russia. Mars’ on stage role might be the roving reporter, the journalist who catalogs the global landscape in words and pictures.
There’s work to be done!
Mars in Gemini air makes a harmonious peace with Saturn in Aquarius air. These two powerhouse planets rarely get along. Neither is willing to give way or compromise. At best, it’s usually a standoff–they agree to disagree. But mow we’re getting a big break as these two energies cooperate to inspire patience, perseverance and purposeful hard work.
May 10, 2022 to May 15, 2023
Jupiter in Aries says, ”Behold I make all things new.”
A new 12 yr cycle of good fortune, ala Lady Luck, can manifest in different ways depending on your personal stars:
Innovative leadership by those who are looking toward the new horizon
Rebirth of our natural innocence; the joy of a baby’s giggle
Cornucopia of optimism and abundant opportunities that inspire a renewed hope
And, CAUTION, a tendency to go overboard!
Behold I make all things new! Faith in our ability to regenerate our lives brings us happiness and a better way of life. Jupiter in Aries can be an answer to the famous question, “There must be a better way!?” Jupiter says, “Yes, there is!” And that answer is inside all of us.
Feel the need for speed? There are no speed limits set for the shiny new red race car Santa has gift wrapped for you. Jupiter in Aries asks, “Why not give it a go!?”
Ever driven on the autobahn? The government recommends a maximum speed of 130 kph, about 80 mph, on autobahns, but drivers are free to go as fast as they want in some sections. Yes, as fast as you want! (Don’t forget the overboard warning)
Caution is thrown to the wind as we ride our joyous exuberance, and perhaps inflated self-confidence. The latter will only happen if we slip into believing the voice of ego. In that case, we might be fools rushing in…
Mark Zuckerberg famously said, “Move fast and break things.” Meaning, unless you are breaking stuff, you are not moving fast enough.’
And this can promote some grandiosity. We’re meant to keep our feet on the ground as Jupiter has such a positive attitude, and oodles of energy, that a happy hot air balloon ride seems like so much fun that we add more and more fire to go higher and higher! We may fly past our destination.
Leaping tall buildings in a single bound, or going faster than a locomotive, suddenly seems possible. This high-energy enthusiasm boosts our self-confidence and motivates us to attempt feats that previously seemed to be impossible. This is powerfully motivating. It propels us into effective action in 2022, especially when the Sun in Leo meets up with Jupiter on July 31, 2022.
Leo will definitely be the beneficiary of Jupiter’s creatively expansive horizons—like a 180 degree rainbow painted with a quivering abundance of colorful words.
When Jupiter aligns with Mars! The really big kickoff for Lady Luck to ring your doorbell was May 28, 2022, when Jupiter paired up with Mars, both in innovative Aries fire, for an exact winning conjunction. Peace is guiding the planets, and Love is steering the stars! An echo from the future.
(The Age of Aquarius reaches its zenith of manifestation in our world beginning March 23, 2023, when transformational Pluto moves into humanitarian Aquarius.)
This alignment of Jupiter in Aries previously happened April 28, 2011. Among other gifts that month, I unexpectedly got a check in the mail for $10,000. Yeah, it’s like that!
On a warm springtime night in May of 2023, we might look up into a saphire blue night sky and spot the big guy, Jupiter. What we can’t see with the naked eye is that directly behind Jupiter is the Galactic Center* of the MIlky Way Galaxy at 27 degrees Sagittarius–a supermassive black hole the size of four million Suns. The rotational eye of a cosmic hurricane.
Jupiter has rolled around to 27 degrees of another fire sign, Aries. to make a profound and powerful harmonic alignment with the Galactic Center–exact on May 4th, 2023. From where we stand on Earth, we’re receiving this synergy of cosmic waves like hearing a radio voice from inside that massive black hole.
Before we get sucked into the supermassive black hole at the center, 4 million times larger than our Sun, it might be best to turn to Saturn for some prudent guidance about boundaries–sometimes fences do make good neighbors.
*Note: The Galactic Center is the rotational center, the barycenter, of the Milky Way galaxy. Its central massive object is a supermassive black hole of about 4 million solar masses, which is called Sagittarius A*, a compact radio source which is almost exactly at the galactic rotational center—at 27 degrees.
Through the looking glass of Love
Far-seeing through the lens of loving companionship, our hearts are healed and whole.
The famous cosmic lovers, Venus and Mars, are the center stage archetypal actors for the opening act of 2022. Their story is all about harmony and peace in all our relationships.
Timetable of The Travels of Venus and Mars: Love Lifts Us Up
1. Venus entered the sign of Capricorn on November 5th, 2021. Party girl Venus lays aside flirtatious games. She forgoes/declines old paradigms that measure beauty by outer appearances.
2. Due to a retrograde phase, Venus has an unusually extended stay in earthy Capricorn (4 months) from November 5, 2021 to March 3, 2022.
3. Venus goes retrograde in that mountain goat sign December 20th, 2021, at 26 degrees 28 minutes.
4. Warrior Mars joins Venus in Capricorn beginning January 25th, 2022. Mars lays down his sword for a plow. Trades his running shoes for hiking boots.
5. The cosmic lovers travel sweetly hand-in-hand as they climb the Capricorn mountain together from January 25th through March 5th, 2022. Roped together in cooperation, Venus commits to Mars, and Mars commits to Venus, as co-creators of a new design for loving companionship.
6. While Venus the heroine and Mars the hero are on this quest, they will make an exact conjunction with each other, like-minded souls in love, on February 13th, 2022, the eve of Valentine’s Day.
7. But their most remarkably loving influence will come to us on March 3rd, 2022, when they pair up exactly with the powerful and profoundly deep-space planet, Pluto, on the mountaintop peak.
8. March 6, 2022, both Venus and Mars, still side by side, enter the sign of humanitarian Aquarius air. Love lifts its wings in peace, and soars above the turmoil of the world.